What could make a chewy, gooey, vanilla blondie--seemingly perfect as it is--even better?
Try throwing big ol' hunks of Reese's peanut butter cups into the mix.
As you know, birthday packages are amongst my favorite to create. My friend Anne turns 27 this week, and since I'm unable to hop a plane to Chicago to participate in the festivities, I sent my love through the mail...in the form of butter, sugar, and peanut butter cups.
Anne and her boyfriend went bananas for this summer's Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting, so I knew I wanted to make a Chocolate + PB combo. I turned to Lindsey at Gingerbread Bagels for a recipe--she specializes in baked treats with candy mixed in (yes, these types of wonderful people do exist in real life.).
Score! She has a stellar recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Blondies that fit the bill perfectly.
It was all I could do to keep Adam from eating the whole pan, although I did save him a corner slice to munch on. I'll be making these blondies again. And again. Oh yes, and....again.
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
(recipe from Lindsey at Gingerbread Bagels)
These treats cut smoothly and perfectly--barely a crumb left in the pan! That made them perfect for mailing--no goo or mess, just lots of blondie and peanut butter cup fun :)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 6 full-size Reese cups, cut into quarters (or sixths)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
2) In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter together. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until well combined. Beat in the dry ingredients. Fold in peanut butter cups. Pour into pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned at the edges and done.
4) Eat up! Or package 'em up, add a cute label, and mail to your buddy across the miles...