- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried blueberries or cranberries
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oats, nuts, and coconut on a baking sheet and toast for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
2) In a small saucepan, heat the butter, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a boil for about one minute and remove from heat. Pour butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat. Add in apricots and dried blueberries.
3) Coat a 7 x 11 (or 8 x 12) inch pan with baking spray. Moisten hands slightly and press granola mixture into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Allow to cool for about 3 hours before cutting into bars.