Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's for Lunch?



What are you eating for lunch today? During a long day at work, there's perhaps nothing I look more forward to than a tasty repast at noon to hold me over until dinner. I typically make my lunch salad the night before work so it's ready to go when I head out the door in the morning.

Today's lunch is my usual standby: Spinach & Fruit Salad. This splendid lunch is packed with crunchy, sweet, and savory flavors that satisfy almost every craving. This summer I've been pairing it with a piece of Clean Eating's Banana Blueberry Bread. Yum! (PS- Changes I make to the Bread: I use honey instead of agave nectar, regular milk instead of buttermilk, and I add a generous sprinkling of cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla).

For your spinach and fruit salad, adapt the ingredients to use your own favorites or local seasonal fruit. In the fall I'll transition to apple instead of peach, and grapes instead of blueberries. Go wild!

So...what did you eat for lunch today?

Spinach & Fruit Salad
  • Chopped, stemmed fresh spinach
  • Chopped strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • 1 peach, diced
  • Sprinkling of dried cranberries
  • Sprinkling of Feta cheese
  • Toasted, chopped walnuts
  • Raspberry vinaigrette


No comments:

Post a Comment