Friday, August 20, 2010

Sometimes you feel like a nut...


Sometimes I feel like a nut? How about every day I feel like a nut?

I am literally a nut butter fanatic.

Almond butter cookies? Absolutely.

Sunflower butter stirred into my oatmeal? You've got it.

Spoonful of natural peanut butter..right out of the jar? Every day, my friends.

Why do I bring up nut butters today, you ask? During my lunch break I walked down to Adam's office to say hello and, lo and behold! The man surprised me with a treat from the Mountain People's Co-Op--a treat that I didn't even know existed: Roasted Hazelnut Butter. This is not the amazing chocolatey Nutella stuff we typically associate with hazelnut butter. Nope, the only ingredients in this baby are roasted hazelnuts. With surprises like this, I'm wondering if I need to stop by his office more often during lunch break?

I broke right into my hazelnut butter as soon as I got home from work--slathered it on half of a banana, sprinkled it with granola, drizzled some honey, and voila! The perfect snack to hold me over until tonight's dinner at Madeleine's.

I'm going to be certain to post some of my favorite nut butter recipes for you in the coming week or two (watch out for the Almond Butter Dark Chocolate cookies. Whoa.). Today, however, I'm keeping it simple with my quick after-work snack. Try it with any nut butter of your choice. Which one is your favorite?

After-Work Snack
I've always got to have a small snack when I get home from work--it gives me energy for a good dog-walk, and lets me relax and enjoy the wait while we prepare dinner.

I apologize for the unappealing picture--I was without natural sunlight and snapped this picture in a bit of a hurry (Dora was anxiously waiting for her walk!)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons hazelnut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
  • Sprinkling of sunflower granola
  • Drizzle of honey

1 comment:

  1. I loved this idea....i may sprinkle with some c.chips if i'm feeling like i deserve an extra little treat!! elizabeth

    ReplyDelete